Birdwatching and photography birding Lodge
Refugio Paz de las Aves is a small family business for birdwatching and photography. for several year, we saw an opportunity to create a comfortable place where birdwatchers or photographers can stay overnight. If you decide to stay at our Birding Lodge, I guaranty that you will have more chance to see and photograph many birds in the habitat.
At the biding lodge, you will have 3 hides. The first is for tanager, toucan, and others species of birds, it is near to the lodge. The second was made near to the birding lodge for hummingbirds, you will have a good background and space to install the multi-flash. The third is 1312 feet, this hide is for toucan and some animals.
This Birding Lodge can be perfect for a family or a group of friends, because We created this lodge with just 2 bathrooms. The cabin has 2 floors, at the first floor, Angel and his family is living, and the second floor, it is for birdwatchers or photographer who want to get a wonderful experience.
- one double room with private bath and 1 double room with shared bath
- 2 twin rooms with shared bath
- Free parking
What is possible to observe?
- Giant Antpitta (Gralaria Gigante)
- Moustached Antpitta (Gralaria bigotuda)
- Chestnut-crowned Antpitta (Gralaria Coronicastaña)
- Yellow-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria ventriamarillenta)
- Ochre-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria pechiocrácea)
- Andean cock-of-the-rock (Gallo de la peña)
- Dark-backed Wood-Quail (Corcovado dorsioscuro).
- Plate-billed Mountain-Toucan (Tucan Andino)
- Toucan Barbet (Tucan Barbudo)
- Golden-headed Quetzal (Quetzal Cabecidorado).