Birdwatching and photography tour for 2 days / 1 night
This birdwatching and photography tour two days in Mindo – Ecuador is ideal for nature lover. who want to have a good list of birds and for those who love photography. In our reserve Paz de las Aves, birdwatchers and photographers will have the opportunity to observe more than 100 different species of birds in one day, our record is 155. click for the birds’list.
In addition, our local guides Angel Paz and Rodrigo Paz are the ones who will accompany your visit in our Refugio Paz de las Aves. they know every corner of the reserve to show you the largest number of species of birds. At night, The birdwatching and photography tour include a walk to see owls such as Black-and-white Owl, Colombian Screech Owl and Mottled Owl.
Description of the activities in the birdwatching and photography tour for two days.
Día 1.- Birdwatching and photography Tours (check in 1-2pm):
- 3:30pm-6:00pm: We begin with a short walk for birdwatching and photography to the Andean Cock-of-the-rock Lek and others birds including Tanagers, Quetzals, Toucans.
- 6:30pm: Dinner will be served at the Birding Lodge in Refugio Paz de las Aves, If you are vegetarian or vegan let us know.
- 8pm: The tour birdwatching and Photography tour include a short walk to look for owls, Angel and Rodrigo will show the owls close by.
Día 2.- Birdwatching and photography Tours (check out 12pm):
- 5:50am: the first morning for birdwatching and photography will have a cup of coffee with snack.
- 6:15am: If the first day wasn’t good enough for the Andean cock of the rock. we can try again send day. but if you thing is enough, we will observe others birds near to the birding lodge.
- 7:30am: Angel or Rodrigo will know the time where you can continue for birdwatching and photography for Antpittas and general birds.
- 10am: At the end of the activities, The Breakfast will be served. Breakfast include (fruit, bolon, empanada, coffee or milk).
- 11am: to 12:00pm The birdwatching and photography tour is over, we will do the check list.
Note: It is important to mention that the weather may change if there is any delay with birdwatching and photography tours.
What is possible to observe?
- Giant Antpitta (Gralaria Gigante)
- Moustached Antpitta (Gralaria bigotuda)
- Chestnut-crowned Antpitta (Gralaria Coronicastaña)
- Yellow-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria ventriamarillenta)
- Ochre-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria pechiocrácea)
- Andean cock-of-the-rock (Gallo de la peña)
- Dark-backed Wood-Quail (Corcovado dorsioscuro).
- Plate-billed Mountain-Toucan (Tucan Andino)
- Toucan Barbet (Tucan Barbudo)
- Golden-headed Quetzal (Quetzal Cabecidorado).