Why you may choose our birding and photography tour for Antpittas?
Birdwatching and photography tours for Antpittas
Half day tour in the cloud forest area in Mindo, Ecuador.
Refugio Paz de las Aves is one of the most famous for birdwatching and photography tours. The most famous birds are Antpittas, Andean Cock-of-the-rock (gallo de la peña) and more than 180 species of birds. they inhabit in the cloud forest area Mindo, Ecuador. Angel Paz is a birdwatcher, who will be your local guide for birdwatching and photography in the Refugio Paz de las Aves. On this birdwatching and photography tour for Antpittas, the passenger must rent a private transport, a van is recommended, because we will travel 7km making different stops to find different species of birds, for that reason consider our suggestion.
Description of the activities in the birdwatching and photography tour for Andean cock of the rock.
- First stop (LEK), We will do birdwatching and photography of the lek of the Andean Cock-of-the-rock (gallo de la peña) for 1 hour, to arrive there will take 3 to 5 minutes walking, after 7am we will continue.
- Second stop (MARIA), We will be made approximately 1 hour, where Angel Paz and Rodrigo is going to start with birdwatching and photography tours Antpittas. They will be looking for Giant Antpitta known as Maria, dark-backed Wood-Quiail and other birds in general. after observing these two wonderful species, we will make the third stop.
- Third stop (RESTAURANT) where we will observe tanagers, toucans and hummingbirds in feeders, in approximately one hour of birdwatching and photography tour we continue.
- Fourth stop (Shakira), In this place, we will continue for birdwatching and photography tour. we have to walk 400 meters to see Ochre-breasted Antpitta known as Shakira, also, Moustached Antpitta, Golden headed Quetzal and other birds.
- Last stop (Andreita) it is at the highest part of the birdwatching and photography tours to see chestnut crowned antpitta, yellow breasted antpitta and plate billed mountain toucan, after All these activities we will return to the third stop RETAURANT to enjoy a typical breakfast that our birdwatching and photography tour in Mindo include.
Note: It is important to mention that the weather may change if there is any delay with birdwatching and photography tours.