The tour begins at 6:00am. At the first stop we will spend 1 hour at the Andean Cock-of-the-rock lek which is a short 5 minute walk from the road. At our second stop, we will spend 1 hour where Angel and Rodrigo Paz will call for the Giant Antpitta known as Maria, the Dark-backed Woodquiail, and many more species. After observing these wonderful birds, we will make our third stop for 1 hour at our restaurant where you will have a chance to see and photograph Tangaras, Toucans and Hummingbirds at our feeders. At our fourth stop, we will walk approximately 400 meters to see the Ocher-breasted Antpitta known as Shakira as well as the Mostached Antpitta and the Golden-headed Quetzal and many other birds. At our final stop we will reach the highest elevation of the tour to see the Chestnut-crowned Antpitta, Yellow-breasted Antpitta and Plate-billed Mounta Toucan. Finally, we will return to our restaurant and enjoy a traditional breakfast.
What will you see?
- Giant Anpitta (Gralaria Gigante)
- Moustached Anpitta (Gralaria bigotuda)
- Chestnut-crowned Anpitta (Gralaria Coronicastaña)
- Yellow-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria ventriamarillenta)
- Ochre-breasted Antpitta (Gralaria pechiocrácea)
- Andean-Cock of the rock (Gallo de la peña)
- Dark-backed Wood-Quail (Corcovado dorsioscuro).
- Plate-billed Mountain-Toucan (Tucan Andino)
- Toucan Barbet (Tucan Barbudo)
- Golden-headed Quetzal (Quetzal Cabecidorado).
- Cloud-forest Pygmy-Owl (Mochuelo del bosque nublado)
- Black-winged Tanager (Piranga aliblanca)
- Black-chinned Mountain-Taneger (Tangara montana barbinegra)
- Masked Trogon (Trogón Enmascarado
Visitors are required to rent private transportation for this tour. A van is recommended since we will be traveling 7km and making several stops.
- We recommend hiring a private guide to see the most birds on your tour.
- Flash is not allowed
- Please wear dark clothes
- Be as quiet as possible
- Boots are optional
- Please bring a rain jacket
- Sunscreen and bug repellant are recommended
|Maximum 6 people||Price per person|
|Children under (4-11) (50% off)||$25|
- Birdwatching or Photography